How do I file my Monthly Status Report (MSR)?
There are several ways to submit your MSR;
Via e-mail. You can send your MSR to MSRreports@sfi.org, your RC, and
anyone else in your region that requires it. You can get a copy of the
MSR form at the SFI document center by going to www.sfi.org,
clicking on the “Documents” tab of the main navigation bar, and
selecting “Chapter Resources.” The MSR (Monthly Status Report)
is available there for download.
- Via the SFI Online Database (https://database.sfi.org). This is the preferred
method of reporting. To file a report on the database:
- Log into the database with your Username and Password. You can find
the database at https://database.sfi.org.
If you fail to log in or if you don't have a Username or Password,
contact the SFI Member Services HelpDesk.
- Once logged in, on the left hand side there will be a number of options
you can choose from. Under the “Chapter” heading select “MSR
Report.” Fill in and change the information as necessary. Don't
forget to choose the month you're reporting for.
- You will have two options at the bottom of the MSR Report: “Store
MSR” and “Submit To Departments.” Storing the MSR
will save it in the DB for future editing but won't actually submit
to Departments” will file it in the database and send a notification
to Operations, your RC, and yourself.
If a CO finds that they don't have this tool in their list of tools on the DB, there are two ways to get around it:
- Log into the database with your Username and Password. You can find the database at https://database.sfi.org. If you fail to log in or if you don't have a Username or Password, contact the SFI Member Services HelpDesk.
- All COs should also have a tool called CO Permissions. With
this you can also assign permissions that you have to other
crewmembers. Simply assign the MSR Report tool to yourself
and that should fix the problem.
- Failing that, please contact the SFI Member Services HelpDesk.
- For more information on filing your MSR online, check out